Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Director's Assitant at Pixar
Okay, so I'm in my business class, and we're learning more and more about computers, (short cuts), and animation. One of my assignments is to research a job that involves IT, specifically at Pixar. As you probably know, Pixar is a multi-million dollar company that creates films, mostly in movies generated to a younger audience ei. Toy story, and Finding Nemo. One job I found was a position as "Directors Assistant". Sounds interesting , like you'd be in charge of things, a worthy job, right? Well, it's a synonym for secretary. You have to organize the Director's schedule, make sure everything runs smoothly, and meet with possible clients when the director is too busy. You would have to provide support to directors, but you need 3-5 years of experience working for a group or single person who is/are extremely busy. Surprisingly, you don't need any diplomas (except for your high school diploma- that's pretty obvious) but you do need knowledge of Microsoft, and it's a bonus if you know about Mac Software. That's a hint as to what technology the company uses. I don't mean to be cruel to those who are Director's Assistants, maybe those jobs are different from this one, but I don't see this as a future career. I'd rather be the Director, I don't do well as a sheep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment