Monday, May 3, 2010
Radiohead's fresh ideas
Radiohead. We've all heard or seen them, the innovative band with good music and even better music videos. I urge you to see the video "House of Cards" of you haven't. The technique is amazing, with Geometric Informatics and Velodyne LIDAR ideas instead of lights and cameras. It's almost as if they are a part of the computer, a person created by the computer, with the planes of their faces a mesh. Visit this link to find out how they did it http://code.google.com/creative/radiohead/, but if you don't, here's how they did. Using "64 lasers rotating and shooting in a 360 degree radius 900 times per minute produced all the exterior scenes." this team could capture the area through the eyes of a laser, and change the perspective of the video. In the making of this video they used three techniques, the first being the geometric informatics system. The LIDAR system, which involves a revolving scanner. To use these techniques, they had to take several shots from all the scanners and lasers, to reconstruct it on a computer. See what happens when you explore this complicated technique at Radiohead viewer. I found this to be very helpful understanding the technology, because I can manually explore the shots taken using the three techniques. The last oen, with a shot of the face was the ebst one, because it reminded me of the stars. If I was him, I wouldn't appreciate people exploring every angle of my face, literally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment