Thursday, May 6, 2010

New watches from citizen


What can japan possibly invent next? Japan is obviously leading the way in technology, with new cars, cellphones and music players. Japan has decided to find a new way to text, monitor your cellphones battery, monitor calls, as well as a cameras shutter. All with something unsuspecting...a watch. I think that it is really interesting how they have created something like this. It reminds me of all the spy movies I used to watch as a kid, with characters who communicated through watches. And to sweeten the idea, it's all in a watch. I think that this is a good idea, but I feel that it will minimize human contact, as well as attentiveness in school. This is another way for kids to communicate with each other while they should be paying attention in school. So many children are texting when they should be planning for the future and doing work. This presents a problem, because these cell phone friendly watches are difficult to discern from normal watches. Cellphones are already banned from schools, if this reaches Canada, could watches be banned too? As much as we love technology, it also hurts our society and productivity. I think that while these watches are fascinating and captivating, we should be wary of how it will affect our contact with others, and our grades. There is a picture attached of this amazing watch developed by Citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment